BOARD OF TRUSTEES
The ultimate responsibility to manage CanCham is vested in and exercised by a Board of Trustees.
The Board is composed of not more than eleven (11) members residing in the Philippines and having Canadian and/or Filipino citizenship, elected by a majority of the regular members voting at an Annual General Meeting. The Senior Trade Commissioner of the Embassy of Canada to the Philippines and the Executive Director of CanCham sit on the Board in an ex-officio capacity.
Each elected Trustee holds office for a term of one (1) year and until his successor has been duly elected and qualified.
The President of CanCham is the Chairman of the Board and presides at all Board meetings.
The Board holds meetings on such dates and at such places as the Chairman may designate as follows:
- An organizational meeting within thirty (30) days after an annual general meeting to elect the officers and establish an Executive Committee
- Regular meetings at least once each quarter as called by the Chairman
- Special meetings as may be called by the Chairman
- Special meetings upon written request to the Corporate Secretary as may be petitioned by three (3) or more of the elected Trustees.
- Christopher Bell-Knight
- Nilo Claudio
- Roger Dimmell
- Mercedes Laurel-Marquez
- Tammy Lipana
- Luigi Lopa
- Flora Naces
- Julian Payne
- Josh Ramos
- Felix “Boy” Tiukinhoy
- Michel Belanger, Senior Trade Commissioner, Embassy of Canada (Ex-officio)
- Dela Cruz, Cora, Executive Director (Ex-officio)